Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Blog Challenge Day one

Write about some of the teachers you had growing up and why you did or did not like them

Wowie, teachers growing up, over there years there was some I did like and others I really could not stand. Elementry, with the way the school was set up, when i moved up grades one of the teachers seemed to too. I didn't know whether to like her or dislike her, but there were days I down right could not stand her. And I honestly believe there was times she should have retired sooner. She had away of being nice and then a way of making you feel like you were the lowest thing possible. I had a different teacher for one grade who i really didn't get along with, and it could be because she taught french and I really can't do and still can't do french....

My music teacher in elementry was someone that helped me through a lot of elementry, she kept me going and encouraged me, made me feel included. Junior high, well that is a hard one, I honestly didn't really care for any of my teachers in JR high, although when my one teacher came back from leave after having her baby, the class got better, but really there wasn't one teacher I cared for there.

  Now highschool, wow there was more teachers there I didn't care for then I actually cared for. I wasn't a favorite, and did my own thing so my science teacher and I didn't see eye to eye and it could be, because I was no good at Science. There was one english teacher that no one liked. He was boring, he talked in a monotone voice and really there is such thing as critizim and constructive critisim, what he did was insult. Heck he told my mom once at teacher interviews that he hated me. Now after that I had another English teacher who i had a love hate relationship with. The one semester I had her, a friend and I had to do a paper together; i wanted to make a good impression since she had her favorites and I want to fit into that. SHe was a hard woman, who marked as all like we were in college. So in high school, I know its getting us ready for college but really it was overwhelming. Anyways I wanted to make a good impression, so I worked hard on it, including asking another teacher to review my paper and help me. He did, turns out she accused me of plagurizing, she wrote on the paper hard to mark words that were not yours. They were, the person I was working with was the one who plagurised her part but I got in trouble for mine. After a lot of issues I ended up fixing getting it fixed. But it was also this teacher who helped push my writing abililty. I expressed an interest in a writing class and she was willing to help teach it which also got me extra credits! So really a love hate relationship.

Another prof I had was my accounting prof... he made me laugh and encouraged me with out implying I was stupid when I didn't understand or get something. Really he made my day when I had classes with him

Now college... Hmm well I had a fantastic english prof when I had to upgrade, he not only encouraged me but worked with me to understand and really improve up to where I needed to get into the school itself. When I was going for my degree, I can really think of two profs that stood out the most to me, both helped me and encouraged me, and i know showing my work and that iput in the effort I would achieve. I wrote some of my best papers for them and earned every mark I got. The one totally understood on my capstone I was paired up with two who made my life hell. I tired to do work with them, and be included but they would just go in and do it leaving me out. When all things failed and we had to write the report on it, they basically dropped all the blame on me. I went to my prof who understood.

There was two profs in that school that I could not stand. One hated me from the first class just because I asked a simple question and he attacked me for it, the other wanted to see how much work he could pile onto us. I wouldn't change my professors for the world, even the bad ones all taught me something, lesson I have learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment