Monday, June 18, 2012

Family

Wow I do have so much to stay but not really a clue where to start.   Let's go with Family... oh Family.  Now really what is the defination of Family?   According to Dictionary.com  it is: a basic social unit consisting of parents and their children, considered as a group, whether dwelling together or not: the traditional family.
b. a social unit consisting of one or more adults together with the children they care for: a single-parent family.
c)any group of persons closely related by blood, as parents, children, uncles, aunts, and cousins: to marry into a socially prominent family.

d.) all those persons considered as descendants of a common progenitor.
Now people say that Family needs to be there for each other; in some ways  I disagree with it;  I understand the concept by why should a distant family member do something for me; when they do not know me?  But then there is the other way of it,  a closer family member, a daughter; a son.    I was raised to be there for my family. If I go out with my grandparents, I pay for them, why should they pay for me. They are my grandparents, they are on a fixed budget, I am young and able, its my treat.     I treat my grandparents with respect;  I would go out of my way for them. The same thing with my parents; so it kills me in side to  see  the way my sibling is treating my mom.  Things have gotten worse since my last post about the subject; and really I think they are just going to get even worse.  My grandmother wants to have a family get together with everyone;  just due to she believes she doesn't have a lot of time left.   She has had some health scares over the past few years, and she is getting older so that is understandable; well my parents offered our yard, since its in the middle for most of the family but one aunt, but its still not across town for her (she is coming from out in the country).   This will  be raising some issues with my sibling who will use it as an excuse not to come, since its held at our house. My dad has offically disowned him, but my mom... she is holding out, she hasn't got to that point (given its her child, understandable).

There is so much more I could say to this but really its like beating a dead horse. LOL  

No comments:

Post a Comment